Tuesday, July 9, 2013

Celebrating America in Denmark!

I've been really terrible at keeping the blog up to date recently- SORRY!!! We've been really busy- lots of exciting things for me to fill you in! But first I want to post a few pictures from our "5th of July Party" (the 4th was a Thursday, and last year the danes were confused as to why I was having a party in the middle of the week so we moved it to Friday.)










It was a bit odd to be the ONLY American at the party, but I feel so blessed that my Danish friends are willing to humor me and play along with all things American! :) They even ate the PB&J sandwiches which is not something they typically eat! We also served pulled pork (BIG hit!), burgers, hot dogs, potato salad, ants on a log, popcorn, chips, fruit, veggies, and of course CAKE!
We had so much fun relaxing and spending time with our friends! Of course I wish I could have celebrated with my American friends and family too but I am so thankful for my friends here! :) AND Klaus and I will be back in the states in a few weeks and will be able to celebrate with everyone then!
 
Our other big exciting news is that we're getting a puppy!!!!! "Big Tex" will get to come home with us on August 10th!!!
This was taken when he was 8 days old!
Big Tex is the puppy at the
top right corner of the picture! :)
We've been spending a lot of time getting ready for Tex (puppy proofing the apartment, reading books, researching training clubs in the area, etc) Other than that, we're still running with the club a couple times a week and taking trips around Denmark (I'm still not allowed to go anywhere but to and from the states) and we're still waiting on my paperwork to come thru so I can resume my Danish classes/ find a job- but we've been told that we can expect that to come thru in September (cross your fingers!!)
I hope everyone is doing well, I will try my best to keep up to date with the blog. We're heading to Texas in a couple weeks and I can't wait to see everyone again!!! I miss ya'll!!!
XOXO
Joy

No comments:

Post a Comment