Thursday, September 19, 2013

Apples and Pears oh my!

We have been staying super busy and enjoying the beginning of Fall! Last weekend Klaus and I took Tex to a pick your own apple farm and managed to come back with TWELVE KILOGRAMS (about 26 lbs!!) of Apples and Pears! :) There were 5 varieties of apples and 2 kinds of pears so we have some for baking and some for eating which is nice. So far I've made an apple crumble dessert and will be making my Nana's apple cake recipe this evening! I'm also going to try to make applesauce in the crockpot (yay for pinterest!)

We lucked out with the weather and it was beautiful! It was sunny and in the mid-70's (the next day it rained and was in the low 60's...)
Tex did sooo well and kept up with us the entire time (about 2 hours) He was having so much fun running around and meeting new people, some new other dogs and even a few sheep too! (The sheep were behind an electric fence so he really didn't get to meet them but he watched them and was probably thinking "those are the funniest looking puppies I've ever seen!!")

It was so nice to be able to go out and have a fun date with my husband and also spend time with the puppy. We are soooo happy that he's a people-puppy and loves to try new things! (He also loves having his picture taken- or at least likes the sound the camera makes)


In other news, I had my placement interview for my Danish classes last week and I will be starting Module 2 in October!! Woo-hoo :)

I'm off to go try and make some applesauce now :) If you have any good apple recipes feel free to send them my way!
XOXO,
Joy

No comments:

Post a Comment