Saturday, August 18, 2012

Smooth Sailing, or canal boating!

This week has been amazing! I still have a hard time believing that this is actually my day-to-day life, but I am loving it- especially when I have weeks like THIS! (To put it in perspective the week before was not so good because Klaus was working really long hours trying to finish up a project which he ended up having to go in to work on the weekend too, which meant I was on my own for a LOT of time) BUT this week he sent his project off to the next person and has been soooo much more relaxed and happy! :) So Tuesday night we went out to celebrate by going to a sushi place on Strøget and people watching for the evening. But Wednesday was the best by far since Klaus took the day off and we got to have a "re-do" on our weekend! :) In the morning we went to the hardware store and got a bunch of stuff for the apartment, we've been talking about little projects around the apartment since I moved in, but nothing had really gotten started so we went together to the store and picked out some of the stuff. After lunch we headed into Copenhagen and did one of the all time tourist-y things that everyone should do at least once- We went on a canal tour! :) Yes I played tourist and even took a bunch of pictures:

Ready to be tourists!

Nyhavn
The little mermaid! (and TONS of tourists!)

Amalienborg Palace
Our Savior's Church Spire



The Royal Playhouse
The Copenhagen Opera House
After our canal tour we headed to Tivoli and passed by some pretty impressive street performers- this guy had created a xylophone out of bottles and was playing some pretty complicated music!

 We also had fun walking around Tivoli and people watching, and we managed to find the BIGGEST lollipop I have ever seen!! (But it costs 200 kroner or $40...)

I thought these were cute too!
The rest of the week has been really nice and relaxing as well as productive. I've been busy with wedding planning and Klaus has been getting started on the apartment projects! :) AND I got a bike! So now I'm one step closer to becoming a real Dane! lol!

This afternoon we're going to go see his sister and parents and then we have a birthday party to go to for a friend of ours!
I hope everyone back home is doing well, I can't wait to see everyone again- I'll be back in about a month! :)
XOXO,
Joy

No comments:

Post a Comment