Tuesday, February 5, 2013

Getting back in the danish swing of things

I've been back in Copenhagen for a little more than a week and I finally feel like I'm settling back into the swing of things. The first few days I had some pretty bad jet lag to get over (the first time coming this way on a flight) but that was probably due to the fact that I wasn't able to sleep on the flights for more than about 20 minutes... I REALLY don't like turbulance- it makes me really nervous which means I can't settle down and sleep. :( But on the plus side- I got a LOT of knitting done! :)

Its been really nice to catch up with most of my friends so far, and figuring out time to get together with others means I have something to be really excited about! :) I've also gotten back into my gym routine. The one thing I haven't brought myself to do yet is the running club... its just TOO COLD and dark and the past couple times its been wet/icy... Yes I'm making excuses, but I've worked out a solution in the meantime (like until the weather decides to play nice)- Klaus has to drive to the starting point for the running club, so I've had him drop me off at the gym on his way and I work out/ run on the treadmill while he freezes runs with the club and then he comes to get me when he's done. Win-Win! :) They're saying that Saturday might be warmer and if that's the case I might try it... :-/??

The weather hasn't been too much of an issue for me- I'm just trying to figure out this whole "lots of layers" thing. Its not really something I've had to do growing up in Texas or even in Ohio because I never really had to walk to wherever I was going so it was more just bundle up to get to the car until the heater kicks in and then run into the heated building. :) Luckily I got some really great winter weather gear for christmas/ birthday this year! (Mom- those gloves have been a life saver!!!!)
All bundled up!

The other thing I've never gotten to do in Texas was to build a "real" snowman- as in rolling the snowball on the ground in order to make it bigger! Klaus was pretty amused that I've never actually done that, but he was a good teacher and we made a pretty cute snowman if I do say so myself!

See??? Roll the snowball on the ground and it grows!
Who knew?!?!

Ta Da! :)
So see! The cold isn't really so bad! :) Yes I know- its only been a week, check back with me in a couple months and we'll see what I say then! ha!
Hope everyone is doing well back home!
XOXO
Joy

2 comments:

  1. Wool socks are my lifesaver. With warm feet the rest of me cooperates.

    In case you don't recognize Pogo,

    Helen

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I totally agree Helen! Luckily I've been knitting some wool socks :) Klaus' mom gave me a pair of handmade wool slippers last year that I wear inside my hard sole slippers too! :) Hope you're doing well, I miss you!
      XOXO

      Delete