Thursday, February 21, 2013

The Waiting Game

So today was a HUGE day for me. Klaus and I went to the Udlændingestyrelsen (immigration service center) this morning to turn in my application for my visa to STAY in Denmark!!! Woo-hoo!!!
We filled it out Sunday and he got all of the paperwork and my passport copied and got the form needed from the municipality on Monday. And we checked and rechecked that we had filled out every question and signed everything that we needed to about 30 times and then this morning he took off work and we turned it in!!! Yay! Its a very nerve wracking process mostly because it would be so easy to miss something and then we would have to start all over... But at this point it is out of our hands, and now we wait...

They told us to expect it to take about 2-3 weeks for them to get the application scanned into the system at which point they would send us a letter saything that they have recieved it and it is under review. (We should get the letter in about 3-4 weeks) And on the letter it will say how long they expect the rest of the process to take before I can get my CPR number (basically a social security number, but it is required to do ANYTHING in Denmark) sooooo.... cross your fingers that everything will go smoothly! :)

A friend of ours told us that once we turn in the application we should really just try to forget about it until we get the letter because it takes forever and you can't do anything about it anyway. This sounded like good advice, but I just don't know how to forget about it! ha! I'm just hoping that the next few weeks will go by quickly! :) Or by some miracle my application falls on the top of the right mound of paperwork and gets processed super fast??? haha! Wishful thinking!

In other news, Klaus and I are taking a trip to visit his parents this weekend so I will get to see where he grew up! :) I'm really excited about it and have no idea what to expect, but hopefully I'll get some good pictures and post them next week sometime!

Until then, we shall wait...

XOXO
Joy

No comments:

Post a Comment