Friday, May 18, 2012

Goodbye America! Hello Denmark!

We made it!!! :) I am actually sitting in Denmark and I don't have to leave in a week! I am so excited and I don't think I've even fully realized that everything is really happening.


Our flights were pretty uneventful other than having to run to our gate in DC because we lost track of time trying to get out of the terminal and check in at the SAS desk and then going back through security and everything. But we made it and everything was fine. I had a hard time sleeping on the plane so I watched a few movies, read a little bit, and listened to music. We landed just before 7am local time (which is +1 GMT fyi- so 7 hours ahead of Dallas time)

By the time we got to the apartment I was exhausted from not sleeping on the plane and only getting a couple hours of sleep on Wednesday night because I was so full of emotions that my brain wasn't able to stay asleep for long. I'm a VERY nervous flyer so in addition to the over the top excitement, I was also really nervous about the actual flight and worried about all the things I might have forgot to pack so at about 2:30am my eyes popped open and couldn't go back to sleep. So once we got here I pretty much fell asleep immediately.

After my nap I got up and began figuring out how to unpack all of my stuff. Klaus was amazing and actually had half of the closet space completely cleared out for me when I got here! :) The clothes were my main priority and they are pretty much put away. Everything else can wait in suitcases until we have time to figure out the best place for things.
Before

After! :)
I think we're going to go for a walk to get some fresh air and stretch our legs a little bit! I start class on Monday and will hopefully have more to write then!

XOXO,
Joy

1 comment:

  1. Enjoy your weekend. Rest and Relax after a stressful couple weeks! :)

    ReplyDelete