Thursday, May 3, 2012

What a year it has been!

One year ago today was when I first met Klaus at Village Burger Bar and my life was changed forever! If someone had told me then that in one year I would be engaged and planning to move halfway around the world I would have probably thought they were crazy, but here we are now. :) This past year had been a crazy whirlwind adventure and I feel so lucky to have had such amazing experiences that I never thought possible.




I have exactly two weeks until the big move and people keep asking if I'm ready... are they insane?? Of course I'm not ready! I have only done a fraction of the packing and organizing I probably should have started months ago but that's not the tough part. I'm really not ready to say goodbye to my amazing group of friends. Thru all of this I have been so happy and excited and couldn't wait to get over there. It wasn't until this past week (Tuesday was my last day at Starbucks) that I really started being sad about having to say goodbye.

The comforting part is that I know I will be returning in four months for a visit (and to keep from going over my allotted number of days in Denmark therefore avoiding being deported!) This helps a lot knowing that I'm not saying goodbye forever and I think it makes me feel better about being so happy and excited to start the next chapter in my life. :) The part that I won't be going back to is my job at Starbucks and I think that's why Tuesday was so sad for me because a lot of the customers who I've gotten to know and who have touched my life over the last 3 years will be much harder to reconnect with in the future so I knew that saying goodbye to them might actually be the last time I see them. :( But my Starbucks family is amazing and somehow managed to throw me a SURPRISE going away party that night AND put together a very sweet scrapbook with memories from my time there! :) I was totally overwhelmed and realized how much I was going to miss everyone who I've worked alongside every morning at ungodly hours of the morning!

I guess the answer to the question "are you ready for the move?" is actually YES! Aside from the logistical things like packing and paperwork, emotionally I've been ready to go for several months now! I'm thrilled to be with Klaus for real and not have to schedule times so we can skype and just be able to be a "normal" couple for a while. :) He makes me happier than I have ever been so of course I'm ready to go, I know that we will have some things to work out, but I have so much confidence in us that those things will be ok that I'm not scared in any way to go! He is amazing and I am so incredibly lucky that one year ago today I was able to meet the man of my dreams!

I will be trying my best to keep this blog updated while I am in Denmark, but bear with me for the first few weeks while I try to get myself settled in!
XOXO
Joy

2 comments:

  1. Yay! I'm SO excited for you!!! We know you're ready :) I will be keeping up with your blog, as I regularly check my blog roll. We'll miss you Joy :( but hope you have an amazing adventure in Denmark!
    Rhianna

    ReplyDelete
  2. Congratulation on your new blog, Babe. I could not have put it better - this past year has brought me more love and happiness than I ever thought possible! And I owe it all to you!!!
    Who could know that what started out as just a vacation trip to the Grand Canyon with a few days in Dallas on the way back to Denmark, would turn into a chance encounter with you - the woman of my dreams!
    I can not wait to start the next chapter of our life together in Denmark, to make it our home, and to experience Denmark and the Danes through your eyes.
    Forever yours,
    - Klaus

    ReplyDelete