Friday, June 8, 2012

Awesome new word!! @@@@

I have found my new favorite word in dansk... "Snabel-a" :) It is the word for @ (not "at" but the symbol @) which for some reason made me and the girl next to me giggle EVERY time we had to say it in class today. "Snabel" is like an elephant's trunk so basically an "A" with an elephant's trunk! We were learning how to ask some one's address, phone number, email address etc and when we got to the emails we were introduced to a little group of very funny sounding words. But "snabel-a" and "punktum" (period or "dot") are by far the most fun!

The girl I was working with and I decided that instead of writing a note saying "Can we meet @ 1:00" it would be WAY more fun to say "meet snabel-a 1:00!" tehe! And it also serves as a very fun replacement for some not so nice words... like "SNABEL-A's its raining again!" :)

There have been some silly moments in class (like the first time I tried to say "møder" or pretty much any time the teacher calls on me to ask about my address or Klaus' last name- neither of which I can really pronounce correctly!) So I just thought I would share my new favorite word with everyone! Let me know if you come up with any other ways to use this awesome word.

Don't be a snabel-a!
XOXO
Joy

1 comment:

  1. Snabel-a!! So silly! Wish I could visit, really looks like you're having a fun time adjusting to it over there!

    ReplyDelete