Wednesday, June 6, 2012

Sunflowers, Castles, and Soccer oh my!

Sorry for the week in between posts, things have been pretty steady around here. Not so hectic that I'm overwhelmed or tired, but I also haven't been bored by any means! :) The weather has been cloudy and a little gloomy for the last week or so, which I think has contributed to my energy being a little down. That and I've been missing my friends back home a lot. But today the sun is out and its blue skies and warm(er) again! :) I'm not sure how long this nice weather will last but I'm going to take advantage of it while it lasts! This morning I walked down to Lyngby to meet a friend from class for coffee and shopping which was really great! Its about two miles from our apartment to the train station where I met her so it was a good walk (mostly downhill YAY!) I also opened the windows again this afternoon to let some fresh air into the apartment which always makes me feel better! :)


Speaking of the apartment, its finally starting to feel like OUR apartment not just Klaus' apartment. For the first week or so it felt a little weird to be in the apartment by myself (like being in someone else's home without them there) but now I'm really comfortable, maybe its because we've finally moved the suitcases out of the guest room/ office and into the basement? Or maybe its the sunflower in the window? :)

Tuesday was a national holiday for Denmark (yes again...) and Klaus' office was closed Monday as well so after my class on Monday he met me in Copenhagen and we walked around the city and did a little bit of sightseeing. :) It was so fun to not be in a hurry to see anything in particular but to just spend time walking around with him.
Yes... we are wearing our winter coats...



We also went shopping this past weekend and I got a Denmark "fodbold" (aka SOCCER) shirt because the Euro Cup starts this weekend! :) I figure if I'm going to be living over here I should probably just give in and see what all the fuss is over soccer... I'm sorry "fodbold". :) Denmark's first game in the tournament is on Saturday and I think I'm more excited to wear my new shirt than I am about the actual sport at this point, but I'm hoping its like any other sport for me and once I sit down and try to understand it I can get into it? We'll see!

Now I'm heading over to the neighbor's to visit with her and her daughter for a little while so I guess I'll wrap this up now. :)

I miss everyone back home soooo much!
XOXO
Joy



No comments:

Post a Comment