Friday, June 1, 2012

Welcome to June!

I can't believe its already June 1st! Although in some ways it feels like a lifetime ago that I had my last day at Starbucks. May was crammed with so many big events- end of starbucks, Rhianna and Mike's wedding, CJ and Jess' wedding, moving to Denmark!!, starting classes, settling into a new apartment... No wonder my head feels like its spinning a little bit! Here's hoping June means a little less craziness!

Last week I mentioned that Klaus and I both had three day weekends so I thought I would share some pictures of our adventures last monday. We walked from the apartment to Bakken and then took the s-tog (train) to Copenhagen and walked around the Lakes for a little while and just enjoyed the weather. We then headed to Helle's for dinner and then eventually back home. Whew! Lots of walking! I actually had my pedometer tracking app on my phone turned on and we managed to log over 15 miles of walking! (I turned it off on the trains!) It was a really good day and beautiful weather as you can see!

The trees are HUGE!!! Can you see me??












Other than that I've been really busy studying. The language is difficult for me to pick up and I'm not sure what I need to do to get it to stick in my brain, but I know it will be worth it, I'm just waiting for that "ah-ha" moment to hit, instead I'm just trying to hang on and grasp at anything that makes sense.
But I am really loving getting to know the people in my class!! :) They are all super sweet and very helpful! A few of us went out to lunch yesterday after class again which is so nice to just get to sit and talk to other people for a while. It also helps that the majority of people are in the same boat (fell in love with a dane and moved to be with them!) So it helps to know that I'm not totally crazy and that other people are trying to make this work too! :) Its also funny because we were talking about how weird it feels to NOT work and to actually do all the domestic stuff. Yes friends, even I have started to cook!!! Crazy right?!?! And I haven't even set the smoke detector off once!! Woo-hoo! And since I know people won't believe me without proof here are some of the more fun things I've made this week!
"potato skins" but slightly healthier... baked not fried! lol!

Taco salad night! (With homemade guac!)

my favorite veggie salad- cucumbers, chickpeas, tomatoes and corn!
The other highlight of my week was when I got to see my friends at the community quilters on Wednesday!!! :) Mom figured out how to hook up her laptop to skype from Nevada and I got to see and talk to my ladies! :) It was so great to see their smiling faces and I miss all of them sooo much! Hopefully we'll get to chat again soon!

ok this post is getting to be really long so I'll end it here and update again soon!
I miss you guys back home!! Skype if you can, I always have it on when I'm in the apartment.
XOXO,
Joy

No comments:

Post a Comment