Saturday, June 16, 2012

Its been a while...

I know I've been a little silent for the last week or so- sorry! Things have gotten busy around here. My class has less our test in just one week from Monday! Ah! So they have really started speeding up the learning process which means more homework and then I've been trying to start reviewing and studying for the test itself (flash cards, rewriting notes, practicing my pronunciation...) But its been really good and I actually feel pretty comfortable listening to/ understanding when other people are speaking (slowly) and also writing in danish. Which means I've been trying to text mostly in danish (or as a classmate of mine calls it- dan-glish since I still have to use a few English words when I don't have the vocabulary for some stuff) :) Klaus seems pretty impressed, but I can tell that I'm still writing things incorrectly (or sometimes too correctly to the point that it sounds awkward?) but at least I'm trying and hopefully the more I use it the easier it will get. We have been taught the basic grammar rules and I feel like I know how to put together sentences, but it still takes me just slightly too long to think through it so speaking it in a conversation doesn't work quite right. But the funny thing is when I say a sentence in English and then realize I know how to say it in danish I try to repeat it, which I'm sure is pretty annoying to Klaus, but of course Mr. Wonderful just smiles and usually has to correct me. :)

I've also been a little bit more social active which makes me sooooo happy! :) I'm so excited to be making new friends, but sometimes it just makes me miss my friends back in Texas even more... like last week I had coffee with a friend and went shopping afterwards which is something Michelle and I would do almost every week and the entire time I couldn't stop wishing she were here too. :( Or going out to lunch with the girls from my class always reminds me of my Watters Creek group, and the laughter and happiness I always felt with that group. Or when Klaus and I went to watch the soccer match between Danmark and Portugal in the park with all the crazy Danes I kept thinking it was something that Nichole would love to see! Or when I go running I miss Kim A LOT! I don't have a running buddy just yet, which is fine because I really need to build up my endurance on my own before I run with other people, but I miss our chats and silliness when I ran with Kim. And of course any time I sit down to crochet or knit it reminds me of the amazing ladies in Project Linus! There is always something happening that triggers a memory of my friends and makes me miss everyone, but I know that that is a good sign and it reminds me just how lucky I am to have so many amazing people in my life!

Speaking of being social active, Klaus and I are getting ready to leave for a party for a couple of friends from the apartment community, so I should really go change and pack our overnight bag (they rented a big lodge/ cabin for the night! BIG slumber party! Woo-Hoo!! :) I will take pictures and update again soon!

I hope everyone is doing well, and I hope all of my guy friends who are amazing daddies have a wonderful fathers day tomorrow!
XOXO
Joy

1 comment: